The EMAS communications team are keen to work with journalists to promote the work of the ambulance service.
Media enquiries should be made during office hours, Monday to Friday.
Out of hours contact details
Our communications team operate an on-call system for very urgent enquiries relating to large, major events or incidents. All routine enquiries will be dealt with during normal office hours.
The on-call officer is Melanie Wright who can be contacted on 07875 394418.
In office hours contact:
In office hours we can help with:
- Interview requests relating to EMAS press releases and news stories
- Requests to interview staff and patients
- General questions about EMAS
- Filming requests on any EMAS property
- Requests from TV producers and documentary makers
- Information about incidents that have happened in a public place. Please note, we need the location of the incident before we can provide any details. The information shared will be in line with current legislation.
Information we can’t help with:
- Condition checks on patients who are no longer in our care.
- Specific details about an incident which would reveal sensitive, confidential information about the patient.
- Complicated enquiries out of normal office hours – these will be dealt with on the next working day.