Over the next couple of months 47 bespoke urgent care ambulances will be delivered to stations across the region.
Our urgent care assistants are currently using hire vehicles to care for our patients, but the specially-designed vehicles are due to arrive before Christmas.
The vehicles have been carefully designed by colleagues in our Fleet and the Urgent Care teams to ensure they meet the needs of our patients and our crews.
- a side step with railings to aid access to the vehicle
- air suspension and a ramp at rear of vehicle
- the Terrafix system and airwave radios
- blue lights for crew safety on scene (automatically deactivated at 10mph so not for driving on, only for scene safety)
- window blinds
- a heater and air conditioning
- an extractor fan
- trauma lights and option for bright or dim lights in the rear of the vehicle
- a CCTV activation butto
Steve Farnsworth, General Manager for Fleet Services, said: “We are delighted with the final design of the urgent care ambulances, and have worked closely with the Urgent Care team to ensure it meets all their needs.
"Each vehicle has been built to the same high quality as our A&E ambulances to ensure that our patients have the best possible experience."