Do you have some spare time and want to make a difference where you live and work in Northamptonshire?
We're looking for people to join our Emergency Services Volunteers throughout the county, supporting the work of EMAS and Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue.
The scheme has a number of volunteering opportunities enabling our frontline colleagues to focus on patient care and public safety.
- Administrative support.
- Community outreach work.
Roles are based around office hours or weekends/evenings; dependant on the role your skills suit. Some experience would be beneficial but isn’t necessary with training provided.
All volunteers are supported with a comprehensive training package including:
- First Aid.
- Health and safety.
- Infection prevention.
Volunteer recruitment process
Complete an enquiry form - have to hand the following information: your name, address, telephone and mobile number, the county (list above) you wish to respond in, your date of birth, driver licence and national insurance number, and a supporting statement (maximum 200 words).
- Attend an informal chat or attend recruitment evening.
- Complete a health questionnaire.
- Complete a DBS check.
- Provide a reference.
- Complete mandatory training necessary for the volunteer role along with other volunteers.
- Sign our Volunteer Charter which explains our expectations of you as a team member with the emergency services, and, just as importantly, what you should expect from us.
What training will I have to undertake?
There are eight modules of mandatory training that need to be done, these include:
- Conflict resolution.
- Equality, diversity and human rights.
- Fire safety.
- Health, safety and welfare.
- Infection prevention and control.
- Information governance.
- Manual handling.
For general enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org