EMAS procures a variety of goods and services from a global supply chain network.
Suppliers are an important integral support to delivering the best healthcare service to the communities living, working and visiting the East Midlands.
How do I become a supplier to EMAS?
EMAS as a public sector NHS Trust must advertise and obtain quotations and tenders that encourage transparent, fair and equal competition within the marketplace.
To receive notification of any contracts due for renewal or any tenders that are open to receive bids; suppliers are recommended to register on the following websites.
The e.tendering software used by EMAS for all low value quotations (RFQs), local tenders and EU tenders
Used to advertise contracts over the EU threshold £118,133 for goods and services, and £4,551,413 for works.
All local public sector tenders over £10,000 must be advertised on Contracts Finder.
Suppliers can create their standard Selection Questionnaire (SQ), which is replacing the Prequalification Questionnaire (PQQ).
*These free of charge websites give suppliers access not only to EMAS opportunities but to all public sector bodies.
Terms and conditions
EMAS has to adhere to NHS terms and conditions for purchasing goods and services.
Legislation Governing Procurement (OJEU) EU Public Contract Regulations 2015
EMAS are governed under the principles of the EU Public Contract Regulations 2015. For more information please visit Tenders Electronic Daily (TED)
- Don't be put off by the tender documentation, always ask those clarification questions.
- Do answer in full - do not assume anything is obvious, or 'goes without saying'. A buyer can only evaluate what is written down in your answer.
- Focus your answers on the questions - do not get side tracked. Show how you will fulfil the requirements in the tender
- Be clear on your pricing model - state any assumptions
- Check that you have signed everything. Submissions that are not signed may be rejected.