There are many qualities you will need to make a success of being a member of the EMAS team. Some you will learn as your career develops; others are personal skills:
- A willingness to work as a member of a team
- Good communication skills
- Good levels of fitness and manual-handling skills (for some roles)
- Excellent driving skills (for some roles)
- Decision-making skills
- A calm manner even in the most challenging situations
- A willingness to learn and further develop your skills
Are you right for EMAS?
EMAS has five values which underpins everything we do; how we deliver our services and how we work with each other. Think about how you can demonstrate the below values if applying for a role with EMAS.
- Respect: Respect for our patients and each other
- Integrity: Acting with integrity by doing the right thing for the right reasons
- Contribution: Respecting and valuing the contribution of every member of staff
- Teamwork: Working together and supporting each other
- Competence: Continually developing and improving our individual competence